Monday, February 25, 2013

Perfect Picnic Chicken Salad


I decided to take the night off from cooking on Friday. I still needed to run to the grocery store for a few items so I picked up a rotisserie chicken from Wegmans prepared foods section. We ate half of it for dinner and I used the other half to make chicken salad for lunch on Saturday.
Ingredients:

  • 1/3 cup mayo
  • 1 teaspoon lemon juice
  • 2 1/2 teaspoons sweet relish
  • 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
  • 1 hard boiled egg diced (optional)
  • 1/4 teaspoon sugar
  • pepper to taste
  • 1/2 rotisserie chicken cubed
 ***makes enough for 4 sandwiches**
Mix all ingredients, except egg, together in a bowl. After they are all mixed together add in the diced hard boiled egg. I do this last because I don't want it to get smashed.

Serve chicken salad on croissant or toasted whole wheat bread. This is perfect for lunch or GREAT on a hot summer night when you don't want to eat hot food. BTW I think that the chicken salad is SO much better when it sits for a few hours in the fridge. The flavors mix together nicely!

This recipe was featured in Two Magical Moms March Menu Madness.  Check out the entire menu and try out some of our other YUMMY recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment