Monday, March 11, 2013

Grilled Cheese Pizza Dippers


 I'll be honest and admit I did not come up with this fun, kid-friendly recipe. I was sharing lunch recipes with my good friend Desirae and she mentioned one I had never tried. This is super easy and perfect for kids.

Basically you just make your average grilled cheese but with provolone or mozzarella cheese, then serve it with a side of pizza/marinara sauce on the side to dip it in. As my 5 year old would say, "Easy Peasy!"

Ingredients:

  • 2 slices bread each sandwich (grilled cheese is a great place to sneak in the whole wheat bread if you have a hard time getting your kids to eat it)
  • 1 slice provolone
  • Butter
  • Marinara sauce (we use a local favorite, LaRosa's Pizza Sauce)



Heat butter in pan, make your cheese sandwiches and grill until golden brown and cheese is melted. Warm sauce and serve on the side for dipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment