Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Pizza Rolls- all Grown Up

My husband is a hot lunch kind of guy and when he is home for lunch on the weekends the last thing I want to be doing on my Saturday or Sunday afternoon is cooking lunch (because I usually cook breakfast and dinner).  I often make these Pizza Rolls along with Ham and Cheese Calzones to keep in the freezer for those weekend lunches.  I can also take them straight from the freezer and put them in the kids' lunch boxes and they thaw in time for them to enjoy in place of a sandwich at school.  These Pizza Rolls are the perfect addition to Family Movie Night, Game Day, and Parties.
Ingredients:
  • Pepperoni
  • Mozzarella
  • Garlic Salt
  • You favorite Pizza Dough Recipe (I will post mine soon)
Flour your counter top and roll out dough to about 1/4 inch thick.  Then layer Pepperoni and Shredded Mozzarella.  Sprinkle with Garlic Salt.
Next tightly roll the dough into a log form.  I recommend making them no longer than 14 inches, because if you make them too big it will take too long for middle to cook and the outside will be too overdone.  Pinch the ends and seam closed with your fingertips.  Brush roll with butter to ensure a nice golden color while baking.  Bake at 375 for about 20 minutes.  I line my baking sheet with parchment paper just in case one of the seams opens up.  Baking time will vary based on the size and thickness of the dough.  Just keep an eye on it.
Serve right away with a side of marinara sauce or let them cook completely and you can put them in the freezer for a quick and easy meal later on or even a late night snack:)

This recipe was featured on our Appetizing April Menu. Check out the entire April menu for a variety of dinner ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment