Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Snow Cream


This is the weather that we have been waiting for all winter! Today was the day, the Lewis Family FINALLY had snow (and a snow day).  The weather man has been teasing us for the last few months saying that we would get a few inches here or there, but he was always wrong.  Today we got a little more than a few inches so we are celebrating with ICE CREAM!  A few months ago, a friend of mine was telling me about how her children LOVE to make Snow Cream.  I had never heard of it before.  I grew up in Ohio with LOTS of snow, so I figured I knew everything about snow.  I guess I was wrong.  How could I not know about the super fun kid friendly activity?
Evan catching snow flakes on his tongue
Nathan and Daddy making the base for our snowman


Nathan taking a break from shoveling

Ingredients:
  • A Bowl of Snow (make sure it's clean snow!)
  • Vanilla Extract
  • Milk or Cream- I used a combo of Milk and Heavy Cream
  • Sugar
  • Sprinkles, Mini Chocolate Chips, Crushed Oreos, or whatever Mix In you would like


I actually used our ice cream makers, but I think next time I would either not freeze the bowls for the ice cream maker or just use my electric hand mixer.  Nathan could not stop talking about what flavor he was going to make next time.  I didn't know how to tell him that he was going to have to wait until next winter because spring is right around the corner.


No comments:

Post a Comment