Wednesday, April 17, 2013

B.B.B. Bacon Bean Bundles

I am always looking for new ways to serve vegetables.  My family doesn't like a large variety so I have limited options that I know everyone will eat.  This sweet and salty recipe goes great with just about anything.  I like the convenience of it being already portioned out.  
Ingredients:
  • 1/2-3/4 lb Fresh Green Beans- washed and trimmed
  • 5 Strips of Bacon Cut in half (don't use thick bacon because it takes too long to cook)
  • 2 Tablespoon of Brown Sugar
  • 3 Tablespoons of Butter
  • 2 teaspoon of Soy Sauce
  • Pepper
Recipe serves 4 but can easily be adjusted to serve more

Preheat oven to 400.  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper for easy clean up.  Divide green beans into 10 piles.  I usually put about 8 beans in each pile.  Take a half a piece of bacon and place a pile of green beans at one end.  Tightly roll the bacon around the beans and place the bundle on the baking sheet.  Do the same to all of the bundles.
In a bowl, melt butter in the microwave.  After butter is melted mix in the brown sugar and soy sauce.  Brush mixture over green bean bundles.  Sprinkle with pepper.
Bake about 30 minutes or until bacon is thoroughly cooked.  Enjoy!

I recently served this with Puff and Stuff Chicken (recipe to come soon).

No comments:

Post a Comment