Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Fresh and Fancy Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Dippers

I am in LOVE with this fruit salsa!  I love that I can throw this together with whatever fruit I have on hand and I love that I can make a large batch for a big group or I can make it as a snack for just my family (or myself).  

Ingredients:
Salsa
  • 1 Fuji Apple
  • 2 Bananas
  • 1 Kiwi
  • About 10 Strawberries
  • 2 Handfulls of Grapes
  • 2 Handfulls of Blueberries
  • 1 Tablespoon Lime Juice
  • 2 Tablespoons Sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
Combine Lime Juice, cinnamon, sugar, and nutmeg in a small bowl- set aside.  Peel and dice apple (I dont always do this), bananas, and kiwi.  Cut grapes into halves or quarters. Leave blueberries whole.  Mix all fruits together. Gently stir in lime juice mixture until all fruit is covered.  Refrigerate for about 15 minutes to let the juices mix with the fruit.  Serve with Cinnamon Dippers. 

Ingredients:
Cinnamon Dippers
  • 8 Flour Tortillas
  • 1/2 cup melted Butter ( I usually skip this and just use Spray Butter.  It is easier and a lot less fat)
  • 1 tablespoon cinnamon
  • 3 tablespoons sugar
I keep a shaker of cinnamon sugar on had so I just use it instead of mixing it separately
Preheat oven to 350.  Combine cinnamon and sugar in small bowl- set aside.  Cut your tortillas into dippable triangle shapes and place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.  Sprinkle each dipper with a generous amount of the cinn-sugar mix.  Bake for 7-9 minutes.

Cool and serve with Fresh & Fancy Fruit Salsa.  

Note:  If you don't have time to make the cinnamon dippers you can serve it on graham crackers too!



No comments:

Post a Comment