Friday, April 12, 2013

Henderson Hummus {Updated Version}


Here's another great version of Henderson Hummus. I love hummus so I enjoy experimenting and trying with different ingredients. This one just subs sundries tomatoes for the cucumbers and adds pine nuts. 
  • 1 can garbanzo beans
  • 1/4 cup tahini sauce
  • juice of 1 lemon
  • 1/4 cup good olive oil (I like to use some that my mother-in-law bought for me in Italy)
  • 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
  • 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (I bought one with pine nuts in it, but you can just add a handful of them)
  • 1 tsp. garlic powder
  • dashes of salt and pepper
  • 1/2 tsp. pickle juice
Put all ingredients in food processor and mix until well blended. Serve with pita chips or tortilla chips. Tonight we're serving alongside our Athenian Chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment