Thursday, May 2, 2013

Slow Cooker Rotisserie Style Chicken

 I know that I have said this a million times before, but I don't always have time to make a fancy dinner.  I like to pretend that I do so I really like to use my slow cooker.  I know that a rotisserie chicken is something that you can pick up at the hot foods section of the grocery store, but you never really know how long those have been there or what is on/in them.  I think it is just as easy to make it at home.  Just season it and throw it in the slow cooker.  A 4 pound chicken is PLENTY for our family to have for dinner and then I like to use the left overs to make Perfect Picnic Chicken Salad for sandwiches later in the week.  Cook once- eat twice!  YAY!

Ingredients:
  • 4-5 lb Whole Chicken
  • 1 1/2 Tablespoons Montreal Steak Seasoning
  • 1 Tablespoon Paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon of Onion Powder  
Place four loosely made balls of foil in the bottom of the slow cooker.  This will keep the chicken elevated.  The juices will all go to the bottom.  The chicken will be plenty moist so don't worry.

Next is my least favorite part, clean out the inside of the chicken and rinse.  Pat it dry with paper towels.  Next coat all sides and inside of chicken with spices and place in the slow cooker.

Cook on High for about 4-5 hours or until internal temp of chicken has reached 165.  Remove chicken from slow cooker and let rest for about 5 minutes before carving.

If you like this then make sure to check out our Slow Cooker 8 Spice Lemon Chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment