Monday, June 3, 2013

Herb Butter Corn On the Cob

In my opinion nothing says summer quite like corn on the cob.  I love that it is only the first of June and we have already had it twice!  I typically either boil the corn or soak it in water for about 10 minutes and cook it on the grill.  Both are yummy!  The Herb Butter Steak House Steak recipe is one of our most popular recipes so I figured I would see what else I could do with the butter.  The whole family liked this variation.  Next,  I will try it with potatoes (don't act so surprised, if you follow me you know I will do anything with potatoes)

Ingredients:

  • 4 Ears of Corn on the Cob
  • Herb Butter (I only make half of the recipe for the corn)
  • Sea Salt
Cook the corn on the cob as you normally would.  This time, I boiled it.  I place the corn in the pot of water, bring it to a boil, and cook for 5 minutes after water comes to a rolling boil.  Remove corn from water and roll in Herb Butter.  Sprinkle with a little sea salt and enjoy!

I know corn on the cob is meant to be eaten off the cob, but sometimes my family likes it cut off.  Either way is fine with me.
 I served this with Skinny Spinach Mac & Cheese and Sweet Cajun Chicken.  Both of which are MUST MAKES!

This recipe was featured on our 30 Days of Dinners June Menu, Make sure to check out all of the other great recipes on this month's menu!

No comments:

Post a Comment