Thursday, July 18, 2013

Baked Potatoes on the Grill

These are quick and easy baked potatoes.  I know I said that I was going to make this meal entirely on the grill, but I decided to take a short cut and use the microwave for a few minutes.  Our evenings are so busy and I figured no one would mind if I saved a few minutes.  

Ingredients:
  • 4 Potatoes
  • Sea Salt
  • Pepper
  • Olive Oil
Wash the outsides of the potatoes.  Dry them off.  Pierce each potato multiple times with a fork.  Brush the skins with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.  Place potatoes on a plate and microwave for 6-8 minutes (depending on size) turning halfway through.  This step can be eliminated and they can cook all the way through on the grill, but it takes a very long time.  So to speed up the process I cooked them a little more than halfway in the microwave and finished them on the grill.
 Place on grill and cook for additional 12-14 minutes turning throughout.

We are going camping this weekend and I plan on making these potatoes for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment