Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Kickin' Baked Chicken

If you want more magical mom stuff, please like us on Facebook here!

I feel like I could name almost every dish that I make "Sweet and Spicy" something or other so I had a tough time coming up with a name for this.  I thought I would wait until after dinner to decide and as I was eating the chicken it was clear that it was different from sweet and spicy... it was KICKIN'!  I served it with Super Shells and Cheese and Zucchini Fritters.

Ingredients:
  • 4 Chicken Breasts
  • 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
  • 3 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
  • 3/4 teaspoon Salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon Dried Oregano
  • 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
In a bowl, combine all ingredients except chicken and mix well.  Pound chicken breasts to flatten them a little bit.  Dip each piece of chicken in the spice mixture until coated.  Place in baking dish.  

I usually do this about 30 minutes before I want to cook and place them in the fridge to let the flavors soak in a bit.  Then I preheat oven to 425 degrees and bake the chicken for about 20-25 minutes
Follow the Magical Moms on Facebook and Pinterest for weekly menu ideas, crafts, and Disney Magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment