Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Autumn Apple Salad

I used to think that fruit had no place on a salad, but over the last year or so I have changed my mind.  It is amazing how apples compliment the other ingredients.  Now I find myself experimenting with different ingredient combinations in our salads all the time.  I used this as a side dish, but you could easily add left over chicken and make it a meal.
Ingredients
  • Fuji Apple
  • Bacon cooked and crumbled
  • Romaine Lettuce
  • 1 1/2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
  • 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
  • Salt and Pepper to taste 
  • 1/2 teaspoon Minced Garlic
  • 1 Tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
  • Toasted Pecans
In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, dijon mustard, minced garlic, and balsamic vinegar.  In a large bowl place chopped lettuce.  Top with bacon, toasted pecans, and Fuji apple pieces.  Drizzle with dressing and enjoy!
Follow the Magical Moms on Facebook and Pinterest for weekly menu ideas, crafts, and Disney Magic.  


No comments:

Post a Comment