Friday, November 15, 2013

Thankful Tree... We Have So Many Things to be Thankful For


We have so many things to be thankful for, both big and small.  Sometimes you just need to stop and think about all of the amazing things in our lives that we have to be grateful for.  I know a lot of people take part in the Facebook thankful posts, but I wanted ours to be a little more personal and I wanted to get the whole family involved.  One of my Thanksgiving/November projects was this Thankful Tree.  My family wrote some of the sweetest things.  Several of them almost made me cry.
This is an easy and very inexpensive craft.  You probably have all of the materials you need!

Materials:
  • Cardstock 
  • Hole Punch
  • Vase
  • Random Tree Branches
  • Piece of Ribbon
  • Tag Die Cut/Punch
  • Pen
We gathered a few random small branches from our backyard and placed them in a vase.  I had some extra ribbon from the Fall Mickey Mouse Wreath so I tied a bow around the vase to make it a little more festive.  I used a die cut punch to create the "leaves" for the tree.  My family then wrote down a few things that they were thankful for on the tags, we punched a hole in it, and then hung it on the branch.  I made lots of tags so we have been adding "leaves" to it and hopefully we will continue over the next few weeks.  

If you don't have a tag punch, you can use a circle, square, or cut them by hand.

Another fall craft made with scraps....
2x4 Pumpkins

and a free printable...
Thanksgiving Invitation

Follow the Magical Moms on Facebook and Pinterest for weekly menu ideas, crafts, and Disney Magic.  



No comments:

Post a Comment